Feeling Immortal?



A deer may not be an immortal being but God cares even about this deer!  How much more us who were made in the very image of God himself! (Genesis chap 1)



God has 'written eternity into our hearts! Ever wonder why God would do that? 

 The Bible talks about it in Ecclesiastes. Well, here may be the answer:

This evening as I was watching the sun going down and talking to God in prayer, I felt Gods presence in my heart speaking to me. 

 Anyway, the message coming through to me from Gods Spirit was basically Gods love for me (and us) and I was telling God that I didn't really understand it all that much. So I asked God to explain a little.

 After this I felt light coming into my heart from God. Along with this light came the thought that not only was I merely loved but that God understood everything about me. I understand this concept intellectually but I'm not sure how much emotionally. But there was more to it than that. It was what I didn't understand about myself that was missing.

  It was then that I realized what God was saying. He had created our spirit to be eternal and that God wants to be near us forever. 

We are not just passing things to Him. We are loved so deeply that He has made us eternal (and though our body will die - our spirit will not). When we believe Jesus came to save us from being shut out from God (hell) and cling to Him then he saves us and brings us back to his ultimate plan for us - to be our friend eternally. 

We are THAT important! Wow! I felt overwhelmed!

I must also share with you that had I not backed up what I felt God saying to me with what the Bible says too then I would not have the peace inside that the message was truly from God. Some verses that sum up my thoughts here can be found in the following:

- Ecclesiastes where it says that god has put eternity in our hearts

-  The parable of the rich man and Lazerus, where the rich man lifted up his eyes in hell and seeing Lazerus across the divide (being in a good place) asked Lazerus to wet his tongue as he was burning.

- Where Jesus says "He who believes in me will never die."

There are many many more scriptures about it that I would be here all day writing them down. But these are a good start I think!

Thanks for your comments!

-Albie
http://SailingWithAlbie.blogspot.com









🚣 Want to try SAILING?  Try Boat Bookings.com  http://www.boatbookings.com/index.php?bbr=vx7mn1rbw49d1320

🚣 TRAVELING? Check the Price with Expedia through Albie's Travel: http://www.travelnow.com/templates/469520




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Search of the Right One

What are We Doing With Our Life?

Fulfilling Your God Given Destiny